Question Laptop screen works only an external monitor but does not work even after replacing screen and LCD cable.

Dec 17, 2020
I have a Lenovo G50-30 and i recently received the LCD cable as well as a new Screen and replaced both. The screen still appears black but it works perfectly once i plug it into a external monitor. What could there possibly be left to do at this point ?

AlHuneke

Notable
Jul 7, 2020
Try to enter the BIOS to see if you can see anything on the display. Doing that removes any possibility of a software issue.

Also try to shine a flashlight on the screen and see if you can detect faint display. If so, the backlight may be defective. The backlight is part of the screen assembly is most cases but there is hardware on the motherboard that drives that. That may be broken. The same is true of the drivers for the display.

Assuming you connected the cable properly, there may still be a HW problem with the motherboard. Could be either the circuitry driving the backlight or driving the display.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 0
hillaryous Laptop Tech Support 3
rogue79 Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
Bonehead74 Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
6 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 5
F Laptop Tech Support 1
Davi Rego Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question why isnt my dual screens working via display port hub to laptop
Question Laptop LCD monitor doesn't work with one laptop but will work on the other laptop.
Question Laptop Webcam working properly, but displaying only black screen
Solved! Laptop screen is black but running, works with external monitor. Changed LDC cable and screen - no dice >:
Question Inspiron 7567 laptop built-in screen and keyboard backlight not working as soon as I install Intel HD 630 graphics drivers
Question I upgraded to win 10 with broken screen laptop now can't get external to work. Asus 2014 laptop i3 Intel
Question Asus laptop display doesn't work after replacement
Question Acer Nitro 5 restarted when updating graphic drivers and now external monitor won’t work (screen broken)
Question Laptop screen black after partial disassembly, works with HDMI cable
Question Connection to laptop monitor got cut off, everything should be working. But hmdl shows black screen.
Question Aliminium laptop is blinking, and work only without bottom shell
Question New Laptop Screen - stops working after Nvidia drivers installed
Question Laptop black screen, but works with external monitor
Question Laptop Screen not working
Question Laptop water spill, it works fine on external monitor, but no screen.
Was working on my computer laptop. When it just clicked and the screen went black.
Solved! Laptop fell down...I think it is working properly... Just that the screen is showing black and white... Can I fix this?
I have a evoo laptop and it was working fine.. Today i turn it on and the screen is black.. I got nothing i just got it for ch
Solved! How to fix a black screen on my Mecer laptop. Already tried the ctrl+alt+del. Didn't work. And battery unremovable
Solved! laptop display is not working.

ASK THE COMMUNITY