Laptop shut down after plugging it to charger, cant turn it

Piotr_8

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
Hello!
My 4 year old Lenovo Ideapad Z580 shut down after i plugged in the charger and im unable to turn it on now. I was watching a video on YT and realised my battery was about 70% so i decided to plug in the charger. After I did that the screen went black without any warning, the laptop just turned off. When i press the power button nothing happens, and whats more suprising is that the LED light that lights up when the charger is connected doesnt work either. So it just kinda died. Nothing smelled bad, the laptop wasnt hot at all, i have no idea what had happened. There was no noise when i turned the charger on. So if u have any idea what could have happened and how to fix it, please let me know. I tried the 30sec/ 60 sec push power button without battery/charger and it didnt work. Thanks in advance for any possible solutions or ideas

Solution
Well you could try testing to see if it is the power cord or the battery first.

Try a different charger cord with the laptop and see if it works. If that doesn't do it, try a different battery.

Should that not work, then you may need to have it looked at to see if it is fixable, or needs replacing.
Well you could try testing to see if it is the power cord or the battery first.

Try a different charger cord with the laptop and see if it works. If that doesn't do it, try a different battery.

Should that not work, then you may need to have it looked at to see if it is fixable, or needs replacing.

Solution

ronpar

Estimable
Aug 17, 2016
Did You try removing the battery, and just use the outlet power? Also try this, remove battery, make sure no power is plugged in, then hold down the power button for 20 seconds. Then without battery in laptop, plug power outlet in then try to start it.