Laptop shuts down immediat after turning on.

madalinul

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015
I have an Acer laptop and when I press the power button the lights turn on for half a second and then it shuts down. I tried holding the power button without power for 30 seconds and all that but it doesn't work.
The strange part it that if I let it without power for about 24 hours it will start. But as soon as I shut I it down it will do that again.
Any suggestions?

Solution

When you have the AC adapter plugged into the laptop is there an LED link light that lights up when it's connected & charging?

I would try taking the battery out and disconnecting the power adapter completely, then press the power button about 10 times, and on the 10th time hold the power button down for 30 seconds then let go. Leave the battery out for now, and connect the power adapter to the laptop (and to an electrical outlet) then try to power the laptop on

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

When you have the AC adapter plugged into the laptop is there an LED link light that lights up when it's connected & charging?

I would try taking the battery out and disconnecting the power adapter completely, then press the power button about 10 times, and on the 10th time hold the power button down for 30 seconds then let go. Leave the battery out for now, and connect the power adapter to the laptop (and to an electrical outlet) then try to power the laptop on

Solution