Jeswin Roy

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Hello!
I have a HP Pavilion dv6, i have had this laptop for a few years, few months ago. When the windows 8 update came, and updated my laptop from windows 7 to 8, i am not sure if it was a good choice. But after month or two when ever i tried playing any games for more than 5mins the laptop would randomly shutdown and the fan would make a loud sound and overheat ALOT and when i turned the pc on sometimes there would be blue screen would come up.

Even when i am on google chrome it the fan would go crazy and overheat a lot. So i tried fixing it by using a vacuum to suck all the dust in, and various different methods. And 2 months ago, i gave the laptop to someone to check it to see what the program was and they said it was the battery that was the problem. So i removed the battery and just used the plugin without battery and tried playing for 5mins and everything was ok. But whenever i go on google chrome it would still overheat but this time i couldn't feel the fan no wind nothing. But there was alot of heat, so i turned off the cooling sense and the temp would drop.So then recently tried playing a game again with no battery and in less than 2mins of playing the laptop would randomly shutdown.

Is it the fan?

Solution
Maybe the fan, start with opening the system, removing the heatsink, cleaning it off and installing again with new thermal paste. Make sure the fan is running, replace it if it's not.

Jeswin Roy

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

Ok i will check it out thanks!