Laptop Shuts off after 15 seconds

Ron_36

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Hi My Toshiba laptop only runs for about 15 seconds and then abruptly shuts off. I replaced the heat sync & fan hoping this would fix it as it was overheating in the past, but to no effect. Anyone have any ideas or daignostic advice on what to check or try?

Thanks

Solution
Have you checked the battery to see if it is actually holding a charge? If it is older, or the battery could have a flaw, then it may not be actually holding a charge, which would keep it from staying on.

If it isn't that, then I would suggest trying to start in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load and stay on. If it does, then you may have something on the device that is causing the problem, which you would need to remove.
Have you checked the battery to see if it is actually holding a charge? If it is older, or the battery could have a flaw, then it may not be actually holding a charge, which would keep it from staying on.

If it isn't that, then I would suggest trying to start in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load and stay on. If it does, then you may have something on the device that is causing the problem, which you would need to remove.

Solution