Laptop shutting down

deep10

Estimable
May 28, 2015
Hi, my laptop is dell 3rd gen i3,4gb ram,geforce gt525m,windows 7.
i got my laptop's service done few days back.
whenever i play a big game it suddenly shuts down,like i tried playing sims4 which i used to play for 4 hours earlier but now after the service it is suddenly shutting down whenever i open any big game

Solution
Hello deep10

This mostly happens due to CPU or GPU overheating.

As you mentioned you have had your laptop serviced recently, the problem is probably due to incompatible graphics driver.

You can begin with downloading any CPU temperature testing application and checking if CPU/GPU is getting overheated.

Once verified, you may want to download the latest driver for your graphics card from here.

If the system continues getting overheated, you can try replacing the thermal paste for the CPU and GPU.

Let me know which of the above solutions worked for you. Good Luck!!
Hello deep10

This mostly happens due to CPU or GPU overheating.

As you mentioned you have had your laptop serviced recently, the problem is probably due to incompatible graphics driver.

You can begin with downloading any CPU temperature testing application and checking if CPU/GPU is getting overheated.

Once verified, you may want to download the latest driver for your graphics card from here.

If the system continues getting overheated, you can try replacing the thermal paste for the CPU and GPU.

Let me know which of the above solutions worked for you. Good Luck!!

Solution