laptop shutting off

Michael Woodward

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
Hello... first off no idea where I should have posted this.
So the problem... I recently cleaned my laptop (done it a few times ) for some reason it keeps cutting off... sometimes it will be during booting up or sometimes it will be like 15 minutes after its fully booted... I have tried the power button thing... tried cmos reset I think... I have managed to reinstall window's. It cuts off in safe mode... and there is no blue screen...

My laptop is a acer aspire 6935g.
Is anyone able to help me with this? Thank you in advance.

Don't bump posts. - G

rounakr94

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
A overheating or a dying component can cause this. Is the laptop too old? When did this problem start? I suggest go for a RMA with Acer.

Michael Woodward

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

It started about a week ago... and I dont have the money to get it repaired so I can only do it myself

Michael Woodward

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

Ah I though it would be over £100... :) ty

piranha5

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013

piranha5

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I had a similar problem and after trying many things found that the adapter plug overheats and causes overheating of the battery -i had to buy new plug and lead -iresearched and found more pricey one than bought previously -i hope this helps

Momo Iko

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
it could be lot of things, overheating, problem with BIOS, a problem with processor, memory or even the windows itslefs.

if your laptop got hot very fast it could be overheating, if your laptop is very hot at processor area it could be your processor ( you could put a pasta for processor to fix it ).

you can also use a simple trick by cleaning your memory card with a pencil eraser.

if its still not working i think you should go to the service :(