Solved! Laptop slowed out of no where

Feb 27, 2018
I bought my laptop at the start of 2016, it was fine at the beginning. But i moved to Australia on June, 2017. Around September, i noticed when i played dota 2 that my fps was very low. Before i could play on 100 fps on max no problem. now the game could barely get 30 fps. at first it was fps lock but it wasn't. i can play on 60 fps but i have to play on medium to low settings.
So far i have tried cleaning with compressed air, cause i thought it might dust build up, tried deleting files, checked for viruses.
It may still be a dust issue, I'm not sure
Do laptops generally slow down like this after a year or two?
I would like my laptop to be as fast as it used to be and any help is appreciated.

Thanks

CPU: i6700hq
gpu: 960m
ram: 16gb

Solution
I don't know where you moved from but if you now live in a hotter climate it could be the laptop's internal temp is getting too high - - - when that occurs the GPU & CPU are throttled back which of course affects performance. Especially if it's not actually a gaming laptop.
I don't know where you moved from but if you now live in a hotter climate it could be the laptop's internal temp is getting too high - - - when that occurs the GPU & CPU are throttled back which of course affects performance. Especially if it's not actually a gaming laptop.

Solution