Question Laptop start problem

Jul 5, 2022
So uh my old Satellite l70a14z have an annoying issue: Sometimes it starts sometimes nope.

Exemple : I start the laptop it boots fine, i proceed to turn it off. If i try to start it again ill get a off display but power seems on. I need to leave it ( Sometimes 1 night, or 1 hour) and its gonna start. I hope its not confusing.

Its wierd when it doesnt, the lights are there the fan, hdd... caps light is off... no display and is not into windows i think...(tested with external monitor still nothing) but sometimes it starts normaly. Also the battery is removed. When i try to restart it from windows same thing display go black and boom nothing. I really wish this was fixed because ill need to update to win10 because of win8.1 end of support since the update needs to restart multiple times so im screwed on that.

Thanks.

I have seen laptops have issues starting without the battery since it needs it to keep the BIOS settings charged and saved. Can try using different RAM also. Motherboard failing would cause these issues, they can have intermittent issues with turning on. Really no single thing to point at, need to try a few things to find the cause.

Reactions: Kamle
Jul 5, 2022
I have seen laptops have issues starting without the battery since it needs it to keep the BIOS settings charged and saved. Can try using different RAM also. Motherboard failing would cause these issues, they can have intermittent issues with turning on. Really no single thing to point at, need to try a few things to find the cause.
Its the same thing with the battery but this started from a win8.1 to 10 upgrade but was laggy ( didnt upgraded the ram at this time) so i downgraded back to 8.1. The screen was black after logon but desktop was here and cursor but no interface, so i reseted the pc and it started to go wrong, i left it here and the screen was black for hours so i guess it broke here. It didnt wanted to boot as like this post. It started after a power drain manipulation ? And then im here.. really wish it was fixed. Because i will not be able to update to win10 because of that failure ah man. When it starts tho it works perfectly except restart as said.

Last edited:
Its the same thing with the battery but this started from a win8.1 to 10 upgrade but was laggy ( didnt upgraded the ram at this time) so i downgraded back to 8.1. The screen was black after logon but desktop was here and cursor but no interface, so i reseted the pc and it started to go wrong, i left it here and the screen was black for hours so i guess it broke here. It didnt wanted to boot as like this post. It started after a power drain manipulation ? And then im here.. really wish it was fixed. Because i will not be able to update to win10 because of that failure ah man. When it starts tho it works perfectly except restart as said.

Try doing a factory restore to the original OS if this happened after a failed upgrade. Or better yet, get a replacement SSD for it, install a clean version of Win 10 on it and see how it runs. You may have some driver issues though.