Solved! Laptop starts working on full perfromance only being full charged (100%)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
Cpu drops the frequency, fps is lower. However,when laptop is full charged, it starts working on stable frequency, no drops in fps and its much higher. Have no idea what's going on.

Yup.get it from dell official site for your model.If u follow the instruction and uses the right bios there shouldnt be a problem at all.also there is a safeguard built in preventing from flashing the wrong one.

woahwoahwilly

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018

Or at least there should be. Follow the instructions, don't mess up, and you might have a much more stable laptop.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

I have succesfuly updated bios and ran the game monitoring power limit throttling. The performance is the same. The battery wasn't full charged. There was no power limit throttling by the way
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/4164/wOTjzl.png

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

nope, I set both max performance plan and balanced and there is no difference I saw. The performance is as same as before the update. The issue is still.

honestly i own the dell 7567 but the i7+1050ti model and it have the same issue.bios update only help lil bit and the issue still persist although not as bad as before.i pick up the 7577 this year as an upgrade still suffer from the same issue.everytime cpu and gpu under heavy load the cpu will throttle and only receive 15w of power.return it and get a refund.bought a helios 300 instead.

woahwoahwilly

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
I would get the MSI GL62M because an i7 doesn't really improve performance in games I play or any at all. Sadly I don't have 730 bucks to burn on a gaming PC - I'm stuck with a cheap 32-bit Intel Atom netbook I got for my birthday.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

thanks for advise, but before for some time I guess it was working normaly without any issues of full charged battery. Cant figure out what happened that the issue appeared.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

I will try to do smth, but thanks you anyway

woahwoahwilly

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
(Of course our sample systems we provide never include SSDs because you get more mileage out of an HDD for a tenth the price, and usually our sample systems with AMD APUs have a 32-bit OS. If you want a higher-end PC you might wanna check THIS out: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QQFsXP)

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

the thing is that I do understand that instead of buying a gaming laptop I could have bought a pc which is much better than any laptop at the same price. However, I needed a laptop for work. And I decided that I could combine working with gaming on the one device. So that's the reason why I can't buy pc.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

I just launched my laptop, the battery was low and I plugged in laptop. So I deiceded to play a game some time. And I noticed that cpu frequency is 3ghz and its constant. No drops, fps is as high as its when the laptop is full charged. So at the moment my laptop works on full performance event though it isnt full charged. I am afraid that if I turn down laptop, the issue will come back. So what do you guys suggest to do to determine the issue. I have a theory that I launched the laptop after I plugged it in. Maybe that's the solution but I am not gonna risk and restart the laptop.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

I hope u could help me too. Ty guys both of you for helping.