Laptop starts working on full perfromance only being full charged (100%)

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
Cpu drops the frequency, fps is lower. However,when laptop is full charged, it starts working on stable frequency, no drops in fps and its much higher. Have no idea what's going on.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

Dell inspiron 7567. Intel core i5-7300HQ GTX 1050 4GB. The battery works well. I didn't notice any issues. I hope the problem isnt related to the battery.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

I don't know if "xtu" is installed. (Honestly, don't even know what is it). 130W is written on the adapter.

kookie3010

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

install intel xtu and set it to monitor power limit throttling.the 7567 is notorious for having power limit throttle issue.have u updated the bios?

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

I have installed xtu. So you want me to enable power limit throttling? It is disabled at the moment. And no, I didnt update the bios since I bought the laptop

kookie3010

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
enable power limit thorttling and try and play a a game while xtu is open.you should update the bios as well as there are plenty of fix and patch that dell push.although the power limit throttling issue is still there the laptop will still perform better.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I enable the power limit throttling? About updating the bios, I guess, I wont have problems. I will google it, looking for manual.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

I do monitor power limit throttling but its disabled. It says there is no power limit throttling.

kookie3010

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
u need to run a game so the gpu and cpu is being utilise together at the same time.a cpu only task wont hit power limit throttling.try this,if u have furmark run that and then run the cpu stress test at the same time.or easier way is to play a game.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/4430/96L4cC.png
There was no power limit throttling while the game was running. However, the laptop was thermal throttling, according to xtu.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

the main issue that I found was that when the battery isnt full charged, the cpu frequency drops untill 799-1.5 ghz from 2.5. However, when the battery is full charged, the cpu frequency holds 2.5-3 ghz and fps is much higher and smoother.

misir312

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

im a little afraid of updating bios because there are many warnings that updating bios could injure the laptop. All I need to do is to download the file that updates the bios in Dell official site and launch it right?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
L Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2