Laptop stuck in Preparing automatic repairs loop

Jul 2, 2018
Everytime I start up my Lenovo G510 laptop it starts normally with a loading bar but then the screen turns black and the preparing automatic repair comes. Again it goes back but the message of preparing automatic repair goes away and then comes back. This loop doesn’t end I’ve looked up solutions but get lost when they somehow manage to get to a troubleshooting page . They say shutdown and turn back on the laptop until the preparing automatic repair appears but I don’t get it it’s always been there. Laptop is in windows 10
Please do explain how to get to this page and what to do after

Solution
Once you're on the screen that reads "Automatic Repair: Your PC Did Not Start Correctly", click...

Advanced Options > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options

Try "Startup Repair", "Startup Settings", "Go Back To Previous Build", and "System Restore" in that order, stopping at whichever one fixes the issue. If none do, go back, and choose "Reset This PC", first using "Keep My Files", and, if that fails, "Remove Everything", with the complete reformat option.

2sidedpolygon

Proper
Jul 1, 2018
Once you're on the screen that reads "Automatic Repair: Your PC Did Not Start Correctly", click...

Advanced Options > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options

Try "Startup Repair", "Startup Settings", "Go Back To Previous Build", and "System Restore" in that order, stopping at whichever one fixes the issue. If none do, go back, and choose "Reset This PC", first using "Keep My Files", and, if that fails, "Remove Everything", with the complete reformat option.

Solution
Jul 2, 2018
None of the things fix the problem and the reset pc option is missing. Once the screen comes it asks for language and the sends me straight to the advanced options

Jul 2, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from arebbk : "Laptop stuck in preparing automatic repair loop"

I’ve tried many methods online to fix this but none of them work. Last option I have is to reset the pc but the option isn’t coming. After some waiting it asks me to select a language and the troubleshooting button comes. Once I press it takes me straight to advanced options and the reset pc option is not there.
Anyway other way to reset the pc

2sidedpolygon

Proper
Jul 1, 2018

In that case, probably not. Your only real option at this point is to plug it into another computer and reformat it from there (Be *very* careful doing this, as a virus is probably what led to your issue, and you don't want it infecting any other computers. I'd do research on plugging infected HDDs into other computers before doing this.)

Aug 4, 2018
Hi! I have an emachine I bought in 2010. Its Model # is E528-2325. Everything was working fine until it said my Windows 10 needed to be updated bc it would no longer work after a certain date. That's when EVERYTHING went wrong. I am now having the SAME problem where it says Automatic Repair after start up. I've tried everything. I went into shared options. From there, there's a list Continue, Use another Operating system, Troubleshoot, & turn off your PC. I've gone into each one. I've tried resetting with files & without. NOTHING had worked. It won't allow me to reset. Under advanced opt. I've tried system restore, sys recovery image startup repair, command prompt, startup settings & go back to previous build. Still nothing works. Under sys recovery image, it says windows can't find an image on the computer. If I select cancel, next, advanced, intstall a driver, I can search through files sort of but a message popped up after selecting a file, saying The specified location does not contain info about your hardware. Any ideas on what to do without a recovery disk? I am shocked this happened. There's got to be a way to resolve this or get into this even with internet explorer or something. Thanks!!!

Oct 8, 2018

Jun 13, 2019
I had similar difficulty in booting my new SDD and went through all the above mentioned suggestions and all other ones suggested by many people in the websites. There was no result. .Frustated I was about to give up discarding the new SDD. As a last attempt I opened the back cover and took out the 2 rams of 4 Gb each cleaned up the contacts and put it back into the slots. I removed the SDD and again put it back after cleaning. Then closed the lid and restarted the laptop. All the problems vanished and the blue screen and the repair and restart cycle stopped. The windows opened normally. Therefore if you have reinserted HDD or rams check for their placement in their slots correctly and firmly to avoid loose connections.