Laptop stuck on Acer logo screen (no spinning circle) Windows 10

Aug 4, 2018
I recently just installed a new windows 10 to my laptop via usb. It was working fine for an hour or 2 until I restarted my laptop and said my pc ran into problem and needs to restart. I let this go all the way to 100% and it showed me a screen about no bootable devices or something like that. I didn't know what to do so I just turned off my computer and tried to start it again. When I tried starting it again it was stuck on the Acer Logo screen with no spinning circle. I tried turning it off and on again to make it work and it didn't work. Right now when I start my laptop it still stays stuck on the acer logo screen but a few minutes later it just goes to advance startup options. Can anyone help me fix this and tell me what's the cause like maybe a corrupted hdd or need to remove battery idk. I have an Acer nitro 5 btw

I forgot to mention I can access the bios

Solution
Since they state that there's a bay for a secondary storage device using the 2.5 inch form factor, logic dictates the first drive must be of the same type.
Simplest thing is just to open it up though.
You really should perform drive testing to eliminate drive fault before you invest in new hardware.
Aug 4, 2018

The windows media creation tool also sorry for that negative 1, I don't know how the site works yet haha

No worry - that happens....

As for the posted installation problem, your installation may have been trying to do some update. Then when you restarted the laptop things went astray - some file got corrupted or otherwise the interruption caused problems.

The multiple restarts thereafter likely aggravated the problems.

Probably a do-over will be necessary. I.e., Reinstall again.

Just go slow and watch what all is happening during the installation process.

Try again but give the Windows 10/laptop more time to "catch up" afterwards.

Pay close attention to any windows or other screen pop-up messages. They may be a clue as to what might be going astray.

Aug 4, 2018

The thing is I tried but it doesn't let me install a new windows 10 again it gives me this error when I try to delete the partition with most of the space
we couldn delete the selected partition 0x80070017. As for the other partitions the delete button was all grayed out. Also if this of any help I remembered that yesterday before the install I had tons of different options to boot from but right now in the eufi mode it only has one and that's the windows boot manager

Froberg

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008
Seems likely your hard drive is done for, I am sorry to say. You can verify with various bootable hard drive testing tools, but most likely since you're running a laptop there are testing tools built in.
Usually it'll prompt with press F2 for diagnostic or something like that, depending on make, model and vendor.
There looks to be a USB tool available from Acer as well, but you have to register some data: http://helpdesk.acer.com.au/usbtool/2/

Either way, I'd run a hard-drive testing tools. Seagate Seatools has a bootable option as well, AFAIK.

Aug 4, 2018

Let's say my hard drive is done for can I buy a new one and replace it to where my old one was? Like will it work? I'll still try what you said though.

Froberg

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008

Yes. Without any issue. Looking at the website; https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series-features/nitro5 it looks like it comes with an SSD. It sounds really strange that any SSD would fail under normal circumstances. If it indeed has failed, it might be worthwhile to RMA it, since it looks like a fairly recent purchase.

What's even stranger is that it was actually running Windows 10 previously. But I think that may have been an inplace upgrade, not a "clean" installation.

Aug 4, 2018

What would I need to buy a hard drive only or also another ssd?

Froberg

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008

Without seeing it open, I am not highly comfortable replying to that. Could be they're using M.2 drives and not regular drives. You have to open it up and see what kind of drive it is.
If it's a regular drive, then yes, SSD is the way to go. Mechanical drive is not something you want to go back to.

Aug 4, 2018

Can you simplify that for me? Also maybe this can help you determine what it is https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49882/~/hard-drive-installation-instructions-for-acer-aspire-nitro-5

Froberg

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008
Since they state that there's a bay for a secondary storage device using the 2.5 inch form factor, logic dictates the first drive must be of the same type.
Simplest thing is just to open it up though.
You really should perform drive testing to eliminate drive fault before you invest in new hardware.

Solution
Aug 4, 2018

I tried the sealtools and I tried two versions the bootable one and the dos one and in the bootable one i tried to scan on every possible scans but it automatically fails or fails mid way. For the dos one it just never found the hard drive :/. Do you recommend anything else?

Aug 4, 2018

I don't know if this info might help you, but I remember before this error or problem happened that I had 7 boot options in the uefi mode and now after the problem I only have one which is the windows boot manager, but when I go to Legacy mode rn it shows the other 6 options that used to be in the uefi mode before this problem occured.