Laptop suddenly shut down?

sephsaudi

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
My Acer Aspire AS5750G-6496 laptop suddenly shut down. I was just watching YouTube on Chrome when it happened. When I tried turning it back on and running safe mode, it froze and thin multicoloured lines appeared and made a grid pattern. I turned it off and the power button and the battery indicator flashed blue every so often. I tried turning it on two more times, same thing happened. I unplugged it and removed the battery. What could've happened? What should I do?

Solution
Probably a dead motherboard, screen issues like you had are caused most often by a failing video chip or overheating. Since you can't even turn it on, it's not overheating. You can maybe try it with different RAM but most likely you will need to replace the motherboard.
Probably a dead motherboard, screen issues like you had are caused most often by a failing video chip or overheating. Since you can't even turn it on, it's not overheating. You can maybe try it with different RAM but most likely you will need to replace the motherboard.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS