Laptop suddenly turned off and wont turn back on

tiagoterror1

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
I was on my laptop watching a video and then it suddenly turned off. I waited a little bit and then tried to turn it back on but it wouldnt turn back on. It does turn on (led comes on and fan almost starts running) but only for about half a second and then it turns off so it almost instantly turns off after pressing the power button. I’ve tried removing the charger and battery and holding the power button for 60 seconds etc but it still turns off almost instantly. What could be the problem and how could i fix it? My laptop is an Asus ROG GL551J

Solution
This is often a motherboard issue. Next step to try would be to remove the battery and charger, open the system and remove the CMOS battery, hold in the power button again for a while, try turning on the system without the CMOS battery in. If that works, replace the batteries and see if it works.
This is often a motherboard issue. Next step to try would be to remove the battery and charger, open the system and remove the CMOS battery, hold in the power button again for a while, try turning on the system without the CMOS battery in. If that works, replace the batteries and see if it works.

Solution