Laptop switches from charging to not charging every few seconds.

PoPDieTy

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
I have a Dell Latitude D620, I've had it in my docking station for a long time... never needed to take it off of it. But today I did, and I drained the battery about 15%-20%, the laptop lasted for at least two hours and a half.
BUT! When I docked the laptop the screen went brighter... you know cause it's charging... and then it went darker... and brighter... and dark again... and so on and on.
It does this every few seconds. sometimes it stops doing it and in about 1-2 minutes it starts again. The battery icon (charging icon, not in windows) that indicates that the laptop is plugged and charging goes on and off, but the battery icon (in windows) that indicates that the laptop is in "battery mode" does not appear or disappear.
Un-docking and Re-docking(or whatever) doesn't do anything.
Also, I have a monitor connected to my docking station and it does not goes on and off.
Is it my laptop or docking station? :|

AidanRoberts

Honorable
May 10, 2013
This looks like a battery issue, I've heard a lot about Dell battery problems when the laptop stays plugged in after it's fully charged. You may have loose connections or some burned out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
maybeits_jack Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
mothekiller Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1