Solved! Laptop tint display off white

May 8, 2020
Hi,

The laptop display is in tint colour dull off white.I have the same model laptop and that has bright pure white display.
I can notice big colour difference if the screen is white on both the laptops.
Can you please advise what could be the reason for tint colour ?Any hardware issue?
Bought it from ebay as refurbished just suspecting if it's a hardware fault?

Please see the photo attached.The left side laptop has got the screen issue.
View: https://imgur.com/a/darWdbw

May 8, 2020
Thanks.
I bought the laptop for huge discount.
I have two options one to return to the seller which I bought a week ago,Another option laptop under 1 year warranty and can be send it for repair.Is it worth repairing the laptop ?Is it a big repair like LCD replacement?

Thanks.
I bought the laptop for huge discount.
I have two options one to return to the seller which I bought a week ago,Another option laptop under 1 year warranty and can be send it for repair.Is it worth repairing the laptop ?Is it a big repair like LCD replacement?

Yes it may need the screen replaced, maybe only the backlight. You did check the brightness and contrast settings in video options correct?

May 8, 2020
Yes it may need the screen replaced, maybe only the backlight. You did check the brightness and contrast settings in video options correct?

Video options checked . Issue mainly noticeable only when browsing the webpages with white background . On the empty chrome browser I can see the difference clearly without loading any pages . Thanks