Laptop to monitor at 144hz wont work

Jul 27, 2018
I have an gigabyte aero 15x laptop and im trying to output to a 144hz monitor (AOC 2460p) through a mini DP to DP cable.

The thing is i have the monitor set to 144hz i know this because it says so in the nvidia control panel, the display settings and even going trough the monitor settings (like with the buttons where you would change the brightness). They all say the monitor is running at 144hz but since i have had multiple 144hz monitors in the past i know for a fact its only running at 60hz and when i run a test online it also says its running at 60hz.

Please let me know if you know what the problem is and how i could fix this.

Thank you

Solution
I got 144Hz with that site. XB270HU

Do you have the monitor as your only display? Only thing that makes sense to me is the laptop screen is confusing things with that site and games.

Jul 27, 2018

https://www.testufo.com/refreshrate

Its hard to explain but since i've used other 144hz in the past i can just tell by moving the mouse around and playing games. To me there is a big difference going from 144hz back to 60hz

This could be the case. The primary display may still be set as the built-in screen, even if it's turned off. Check the Windows display settings and see if you can swap "1" and "2," if that's the case.