Laptop to TV (HDMI) Not working

Sairoden

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
So basically i plugged in my HDMI to my TV and laptop then i switched to hdmi 1,2,3 but it says " no signal " then i turned off my tv then turn it on then my laptop goes blank then goes back then it says 1920 x 1080p is not the optimal resolution but for some reason i managed to plug the hdmi to different port of TV hdmi then it worked but the display is so blurd then it goes immediately to " no signals " I went to Display then it only shows Display 1 but sometimes it show 1 and 2 but the 2 dissapeared
I am using Windows 10 nvidia geforce 930m intel core i3 4005u 1.7ghz 4gb ram

If i turn on my TV then did not switch to hdmi 2 ( where i plugged in ) my laptop will keep on blank and if i switched to hdmi 2 it will go back but my tv says no signal

Solution
Most laptops have a Fn key combination for video switching, to display laptop, display external, or both. Yoiu can also try using [Winkey]+P

secondly in your display settings, you'll need to define if it's a duplicate display, or extend display ( external )

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Sairoden : "Laptop to TV (HDMI) Not working"

DreXor akaRobert

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014
Most laptops have a Fn key combination for video switching, to display laptop, display external, or both. Yoiu can also try using [Winkey]+P

secondly in your display settings, you'll need to define if it's a duplicate display, or extend display ( external )

Solution