laptop to TV with hdmi - no sound!?

JVerse

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
I bought an hdmi cable so that I can connect my laptop to a TV at work for presentations. At home I use the same setup for watching movies through my laptop and it works great. For some reason, I get no sound at work though, despite ensuring that the laptop is set to the correct output, and the TV is set to hdmi audio input. Not sure what else I can try... Any suggestions?

Solution
Hi,

Please try changing the sound setting in your laptop.

- Right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner then click on Playback devices
- Once opened there should be couple of option to choose from select HDMI in your case then click Apply then OK
- Test the sound again.

If it still wont work:
- Press Windows + R together at the same time to bring up the Run box then type devmgmt.msc and click OK
- Look for Sound, video and game controllers then expand it
- Right click on High Definition Audio Device and select uninstall then click OK.
- Reboot the PC after so the PC could reinstall the uninstalled driver itself.

Hope this helps you.
Hi,

Please try changing the sound setting in your laptop.

- Right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner then click on Playback devices
- Once opened there should be couple of option to choose from select HDMI in your case then click Apply then OK
- Test the sound again.

If it still wont work:
- Press Windows + R together at the same time to bring up the Run box then type devmgmt.msc and click OK
- Look for Sound, video and game controllers then expand it
- Right click on High Definition Audio Device and select uninstall then click OK.
- Reboot the PC after so the PC could reinstall the uninstalled driver itself.

Hope this helps you.

Solution