laptop touchpads with one finger scroll

joesan41

Estimable
Aug 2, 2014
I can't seem to find a laptop that still has one finger scroll on the touchpad. They all seem to be two finger for simple up/down scrolling. My right hand is not able to do two finger very well. It is more frustrating for me to do and I just revert to using an external mouse.
Any suggestions?

Solution
In retrospect the ability for the trackpad to register gestures is controlled via the trackpad software. I've worked with both Alps and Synaptics equipped laptops whereby you will need to open the app or go through;
Control Panel>Hardware & Sound>Device & Printer>Mouse>Hardware tab>Properties
and then configure it as you like.

Ofc this is assuming you weren't asking for a suggestion on what laptop to buy that features a single finger gesture for scrolling vertically...now were you?

Lutfij

Splendid
In retrospect the ability for the trackpad to register gestures is controlled via the trackpad software. I've worked with both Alps and Synaptics equipped laptops whereby you will need to open the app or go through;
Control Panel>Hardware & Sound>Device & Printer>Mouse>Hardware tab>Properties
and then configure it as you like.

Ofc this is assuming you weren't asking for a suggestion on what laptop to buy that features a single finger gesture for scrolling vertically...now were you?

Solution
Aug 21, 2018
Thank you for quick answer. U are aiming in right direction but unfortunately as this is chianese laptop synapsis drivers does not properly work with this pc (it intended that pc uses defult windows drivers). To make things more complicated Im afraied that this notebook has precision pad. At the moment to my information precision pads cant be controlled through windows. Hence thats why the change in settings doesnt do anything.