Laptop turned off overnight and won't turn back on!

bigboy61

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
Hello there! I bought a used y410p. It worked fine and I was gaming with it (not extremely intense. Battlefield 2). I had just installed the fan regulator program on it. I set it to auto. I finished gaming and browsed the internet for a while, then i set it down for the rest of the night. At this point, the battery was low and needed to be charged but i didn't put it on the charger because i am paranoid about ruining batteries. I woke up in the morning to find it dead. I plugged it in so that i could boot it up and use it. Nothing at all. No lights, not noises, no heat NOTHING. The charging light is not on either. It is essentially a brick. It doesn't have a warranty on it. I tried the power button thing (my friends did as well) and nothing works. I tried the adapter on another laptop and the charge light came on. I think the y410p takes different voltage or whatever due to the high specs than the laptop i tried the adapter on. It is an off brand adapter. Any suggestions? Is the laptop just shot? Please help! I have gotten no responses on a different forum.

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
By "power button thing" if its not this, follow these steps

Remove the battery and charger.
Hold power button down for 15 secs on pc
Put battery back in with the charger and see if it boots

bigboy61

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015

Yeah, that's what we tried multiple times

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
If anyone is living in your house, ask them if the power went out through the entire house while your laptop was plugged in. A power surge may have killed the motherboard and other components

Try to reseat your ram securely and reboot

bigboy61

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015

The only problem with that is that it wasn't plugged in overnight. Only the power adapter was. I am paranoid about over charging batteries in my electronics.