Solved! Laptop turns itself back on when unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2019
In the last week or so, when I turn my laptop off and unplug it, it turns itself back on. If I shut it down while unplugged, it immediately restarts.
If I shut it down while plugged in, it stays turned off. And, it stays off even if the power cord isn't plugged into the wall socket - the issue appears to be when the cord is physically in the computer.
I'm afraid because of the last point this is a hardware issue, but still am curious if anyone has a solution.

Specs: MSI GL62 6QF
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Fast Startup is Off.
Power Button Action is set to "Turn Off The Display" for both plugged/unplugged.

Solution
That is a new one on me.

You can try checking the power settings in "Control Panel" and make sure nothing in there is set to have it restart.

Try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
  2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
  3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
  4. Check everything related to power, sleep and hibernate. It could be any number of settings.

You might also want to try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if this occurs when you try to turn it off from in there. If it doesn't happen, then it is likely something on the device that is the cause.

Should none of that work, and if under warranty I would contact the manufacturer, if not, you...
That is a new one on me.

You can try checking the power settings in "Control Panel" and make sure nothing in there is set to have it restart.

Try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
  2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
  3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
  4. Check everything related to power, sleep and hibernate. It could be any number of settings.

You might also want to try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if this occurs when you try to turn it off from in there. If it doesn't happen, then it is likely something on the device that is the cause.

Should none of that work, and if under warranty I would contact the manufacturer, if not, you might want to try a local tech.

Solution
Mar 25, 2022
In the last week or so, when I turn my laptop off and unplug it, it turns itself back on. If I shut it down while unplugged, it immediately restarts.
If I shut it down while plugged in, it stays turned off. And, it stays off even if the power cord isn't plugged into the wall socket - the issue appears to be when the cord is physically in the computer.
I'm afraid because of the last point this is a hardware issue, but still am curious if anyone has a solution.

Specs: MSI GL62 6QF
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Fast Startup is Off.
Power Button Action is set to "Turn Off The Display" for both plugged/unplugged.

did u fix it! coz i have the same problem

did u fix it! coz i have the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.