Laptop turns off after 8 seconds

Justas_5

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
I was surfing the internet while my HP laptop suddenly turned off. Now when I try to boot it shuts down after 8 seconds or so.(seems like only fans work and theyre louder than usual)

Solution
It is possible that the laptop overheated and that is why it shut down originally. And if it fried something it may well not start again until repaired. Or, if you are continually trying to restart it, it may not have cooled down sufficiently to actually allow it to turn on.

Once you get it to start up again, I would suggest you install and run monitoring software, there are quite a few free ones out there, that can monitor your temps and let you know if it is in fact over heating.

If it is still under warranty, you may want to contact the manufacturer.
It is possible that the laptop overheated and that is why it shut down originally. And if it fried something it may well not start again until repaired. Or, if you are continually trying to restart it, it may not have cooled down sufficiently to actually allow it to turn on.

Once you get it to start up again, I would suggest you install and run monitoring software, there are quite a few free ones out there, that can monitor your temps and let you know if it is in fact over heating.

If it is still under warranty, you may want to contact the manufacturer.

Solution

Justas_5

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Justas_5 : "HP ProBook 450 doesnt turn on for more than 8 seconds"

My HP laptop stopped working. Now while I try to boot up it tries to boot up for like 5 to 8 seconds with fan working louder than usual but it just shutdowns.
Also LED light on the side blinks two times in white color.
Tried reset thing , didnt do anything. Tried to launch it with charger only but it just blinked few times with orange.