Laptop turns off right after turning on.

May 14, 2018
Hello. The problem I'm having with my laptop is that it turns off right after it turns on. And it only happens when I turn the laptop on without the charger plugged in. The OS loads and the desktop appears for around a second before shutting down. But when I turn on the PC with the charger plugged in it turns on just fine with no problems and after i plug out the charger it works and is not shutting down. I can also turn on the laptop in safe mode without the charger plugged in.

Solution
Sounds like you need to replace the battery. It is not putting out enough power to start and run the device. Hence the only working when connected to the charger. "Safe Mode" reacts differently and doesn't load some things, which would also be draining on the power.

I would still consider replacing the battery. And you may also want to uninstall anything you added, updated, etc., just before the problem started.
Sounds like you need to replace the battery. It is not putting out enough power to start and run the device. Hence the only working when connected to the charger. "Safe Mode" reacts differently and doesn't load some things, which would also be draining on the power.

I would still consider replacing the battery. And you may also want to uninstall anything you added, updated, etc., just before the problem started.

Solution
May 14, 2018

Thank you for your answer. Guess I'll try to find a battery that fits my laptop and test it out.