laptop under 600 for games and editing?

kjkszpj

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
I'm looking for laptop under 600$ and I can barely make that.

I would play games like minecraft (the laptop I have now can't even handle that...),sims 3,gta and some newer games that are little more demanding.I don't expect it to run perfectly and I am aware that I need more money for something better,so I don't expect anything amazing.Everything under 600$ is crap but I hope to get the best of it.

I would also like if it can run (smooth) programs like unity (it's not important) ,adobe premiere,vegas or anything like that.I'm new to maya but it would be great to have it on laptop.

The size of the screen is not important and the look is not important.I don't expect everything of 600$ laptop...

The laptop I have now is just horible.It's my first laptop and I had no idea what i was buying so I don't want to make the same mistake again.and it is toshiba so pleeeease recommend it only if you are convinced it is good because I don't trust toshiba.

I'm not good with all computer stuff so I won't change anything on laptop that I will by.Also, I won't understand anything but basic stuff if you say something about it spec. (i'm a girl :D ) and I don't know what graphic card is good.. I hope you got the point.

I'm from Serbia so I hope I wrote this well :)
I'm completely new to this stuff and this is my first time to write something like this so i'm sorry if i got something wrong .

And these are the laptops I looked but I have no idea are these good for what I wan't.the good thing about them is that they are available in my country....
http://www.bcgroup-online.com/proizvodi/laptop-i-notebook-racunari/asus-K56CB_XX212-19932/
http://www.bcgroup-online.com/proizvodi/laptop-i-notebook-racunari/acer-V3_571G_53214G50Maii-+-Poklon-4GB-18101/
http://www.bcgroup-online.com/proizvodi/laptop-i-notebook-racunari/dell-Inspiron-5520-(i5_3210M)+Poklon-4GB-17922/ for some reason it wont include whole link when clicking (the half of it is blue) so just copy this (i5_3210M)+Poklon-4GB-17922/ in link.

I'm sorry that the site is in my language but I hope you can read the spec.
Asus cost 600$ , Acer 500$ and dell 600$

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

kjkszpj

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
well,thank you for quick response!
I will look at this Dell thing.

And about Lenovo,I think it is ok, but that is my problem, they are all similar to me xD I think it is a good deal and like with any other model, when I want to buy it I just check to see is it better or worst than other models, and that is when I go confused.They are all similar to me and they have same prices so I just guess that they have different purposes and I don't know if they are good for what I want.Now when you suggested this model I am sure that it is good.
I'll see if it is available in my country.
Thank you again on your advice! :)

ups,sorry, I just saw that I added two same links! fixed it! :)

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Generally speaking any brand you pick in this price range is going to have internals from the same manufacturers (mother board etc.), so in that manner of speaking there is not going to be much difference in internal parts quality between an Acer, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo, etc.

Where the big difference comes in between the makes/models is in the design of the chassis that holds all of the components, the type of screen used, and the keyboard, and amount and type of input/output ports etc.

In my experience Acers, Toshibas, and HP's tend to have relatively poor chassis designs and tend to use more plastic parts where many makes/models (not all mind you, but many) of Lenovo and Asus tend to have better designed chassis and use various combinations of aluminum/magnesium and sometimes even carbon fiber that result in a machine that is going to hold up a bit better if it get's bumped around, have a more enjoyable typing experience, and run cooler thus making them last longer. Especially in regards to Acer and HP they have a long history of having poor ventilation/cooling designs which can lead to a shorter lifespan because they run very hot all of the time.

If the laptop is going to just sit on a table with a cooling pad 24/7 then I think you can pretty much completely disregard brand name and just focus on the one with the best performance for your price (likely one of the Acer V models). If you are going to be transporting it frequently, using it on various different surfaces, and using they keyboard extensively then you really need to consider a balance of durability/design with performance.

Keep in mind much of this is just my opinion (the reliability charts I have seen tend to concur however) , but it is based on seeing several hundred laptops come across my desk each year that have seen 2-3 years of hard student use. Almost without exception most Acer, HP, Samsung, and Toshiba models show up with cracked chassis, screen hinges broken, keyboards barely functioning, and severe heat issues while the majority of Lenovo's, Asus, Sony, and Mac's tend to be in surprisingly good condition comparatively. Don't get me wrong some of the aforementioned models have some of those issues as well, but it is nowhere near as prevalent as the others.

Sorry for the lengthy response but I hope that answers some of your questions.

kjkszpj

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
Well,thank you very much,that does answers some of my questions!

I will probobly go for Lenovo IdeaPad Z585 that you sugested (if I find a way to buy it from here :D)

I will ask around to see if I mised something,but from what you said I assume that they are all more or less the same.I'm getting pretty tired from searching for the good laptop so I will soon get to the point where I will just go in the store and pick the first one. It's frustrating and I'm starting to give up on this search...
Well,thank you for your patience you were very helpfull! :)