laptop upgrade question /advice

Haydenfho1

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
Hello people of the interwoven I ha've a laptop that atleast 5 years old and I plan on connecting a GeForce gtg 750 ti go it using an adaptor and wanted some advice for any better ideas my laptop is a Dell inspiron 1510 or similar with a pentium processor with 2gb of ram.the adaptor is around 70 -80$ and the gtx 750ti is around 140 - 180$ I have a budget if 280$ I would like to play at least some semi modern games e.g farcry 3 or skyrim at 30 fps on low setting so please help computer nerds of the universe!

Solution
If you just like hacking to see what is possible, then this is a cool idea. If you are hoping/depending on this actually working then you should expect to be disappointed. It is possible that with a lot of tweaking you could get this to function, but it is not likely. Even if it does work, you should expect terrible performance.

For the cost of an adapter, GPU, and monitor (unless you already have one) you are much better off buying a new/used laptop or desktop.

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
If you just like hacking to see what is possible, then this is a cool idea. If you are hoping/depending on this actually working then you should expect to be disappointed. It is possible that with a lot of tweaking you could get this to function, but it is not likely. Even if it does work, you should expect terrible performance.

For the cost of an adapter, GPU, and monitor (unless you already have one) you are much better off buying a new/used laptop or desktop.

Solution