Question Laptop USB ports suddenly not working

May 17, 2023
I have an asus rog gl531gd that has three usb type a ports on the left(3.0 ports), suddenly one day all of them stopped working, I tried checking if there's any driver problem but all seems fine, so then after some youtube videos I decided to check if those non working ports are giving 5V, after checking it while it was on, none of them gives 5V reading on the multimeter, I checked another port on a different laptop and it shows up 5V, any idea what should I fix here? I'm tempted to change the ports entirely but that would be weird because how did all of them broke at the same time? Any ideas and suggestion is appreciated

P.S warranty expired, and people servicing near my hometown is scammy so I prefer to fix it myself

rectech

Honorable
May 19, 2018
It is likely to be a motherboard problem which powers the USB ports, unless the USB ports on this laptop have a separate board which would be easier to replace

May 17, 2023
It is likely to be a motherboard problem which powers the USB ports, unless the USB ports on this laptop have a separate board which would be easier to replace
yea I've been trying to find the components that control the usb ports with no luck