Laptop uses intel graphics not Nvidia gpu

makmc

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
Hi there. I’m very frustrated. My laptop will only use intel HD graphics for EVERYTHING. I tried to fix my display looking so bad and messed around with the control panel and such. I even thought it was a smart idea to try to install the desktop version of my GPU. ( I have 950m) now I’m not sure if this is why but I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers mumtiple times, even reset my laptop, and YES they are up to date and I’ve tried to set it to high performance in control panel. Please help

Solution
Actually you said you messed around in the control panel. When most say 'control panel' they are referring to the Windows Control Panel. Which is what I was going on and not the Nvidia Control Panel. Hence the info.

When you uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers did you make sure to reboot the device? That can also make a difference.
Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Nvidia Control Panel".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

makmc

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017

I’m not trying to be rude but I’ve alrsdy done that. I said that in the post

Actually you said you messed around in the control panel. When most say 'control panel' they are referring to the Windows Control Panel. Which is what I was going on and not the Nvidia Control Panel. Hence the info.

When you uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers did you make sure to reboot the device? That can also make a difference.

Solution