Solved! Laptop video problem

Kinnijup

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 9200 laptop. When streaming videos, the video loads just fine, but the video is choppy. I don't know much about computer specifics, but think this is a RAM issue. I currently have 512MB of ram.

Could this be a video card issue, or something else, as well? What suggestions might you have for me?

Thanks,

Jamie

Solution
IDK what OS you're running, but 512 MB of RAM is very low. I would upgrade that to at least 1.5-2 GB if possible. Memory is very inexpensive nowadays.
First, check your temps using a free monitoring program that you can download for free. If temps are high, you might want to do a nice clean-up of your laptop with some air-in-a-can and patience.
Also, download and install the latest drivers available for your graphic adapter; if integrated (or even if discrete) you could find them on the manufacturer's website.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
IDK what OS you're running, but 512 MB of RAM is very low. I would upgrade that to at least 1.5-2 GB if possible. Memory is very inexpensive nowadays.
First, check your temps using a free monitoring program that you can download for free. If temps are high, you might want to do a nice clean-up of your laptop with some air-in-a-can and patience.
Also, download and install the latest drivers available for your graphic adapter; if integrated (or even if discrete) you could find them on the manufacturer's website.

Solution

Kinnijup

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
It's windows XP...speaking of the temperature, the fan does occasionally start going crazy loud to the point where I need to restart. I'll look into this! Thanks for the help!