Solved! Laptop was in extremecold turned on but when turned off wont restart.

Jan 22, 2019
I have a Hp pavillon gaming laptop with a 1050ti in it last night my dog opened my door and it got so cold in here we had frozen water bottles I think it was about 3 degrees lastnight outside so I turned on my laptop and it worked but said it may need the battery replaced that it was very low and might have some damage but it worked fine I didnt play anything that would have tested out the graphics card to see for any throttling but I shut the lid and when I tired to get on it later the keys backlight was on but the screen wouldnt show so I turned it off with the power button and now it will not turn back on and its not indicating with the light next to the charger port that its charging help please

Solution
I happened to be looking at a battery replacement for my Lenovo 100s.
It says on the battery, store between 32f. to 140f.
This failed battery is a strange one, it still works but has swollen to twice the normal size indicating that there is some liquid inside.
I think the very low temperatures may have damaged to your battery and it should be replaced.

As a caveat, do not try to buy a cheap oem unit that is supposedly compatible.
In my experience such units may not work properly.
HP is also noted for rejecting non HP replacements.

geofelt

Distinguished
I happened to be looking at a battery replacement for my Lenovo 100s.
It says on the battery, store between 32f. to 140f.
This failed battery is a strange one, it still works but has swollen to twice the normal size indicating that there is some liquid inside.
I think the very low temperatures may have damaged to your battery and it should be replaced.

As a caveat, do not try to buy a cheap oem unit that is supposedly compatible.
In my experience such units may not work properly.
HP is also noted for rejecting non HP replacements.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS