Laptop weirdly not starting

DarkRoom

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
So here's the story

My laptop only had 4gb of integrated ram and a free slot so I added another 4gb. Ever since, my laptop acted a bit weird. I now decided to get rid of the ram I added and after doing so, the laptop didn't start up anymore.

Symphoms

The ac led is working fine but whever I press the power button, the power led turns green and that's it. No fan, no display output, nothing. I also can-t shut it down either, not even by holding the power button for 5 or more seconds.

I tried removing battery, ac and holding the power button to drain it, didn't help.
I tried adding the ram back up but still same problem.
I can't access the other ram since that would void the warranty.

Any ideas? I am thinking my motherboard is dead

Multipack

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Did you accidentally unseat the original RAM perhaps? Maybe check it is in the slot properly. Either that or try to get into your BIOS and load optimized defaults. Depends on manufacturer whether you can.

if the system is in warranty, why not just contact the laptop vendor for support?

DarkRoom

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
So, the laptop is made so you can only access one ram slot without voiding the warranty, the other one being integrated.

Sending the laptop to them for the warranty would take ages and I need it until next week. I guess that's what I'll have to do. I'm preety sure it's a motherboard related problem but I've never seen or heard anything like this.