Laptop will not connect to TV via HDMI anymore. Only Static on Screen. Windows 8 Update Problem?

jpt2

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
I have a Lenovo z580 Laptop (can give detailed spec if needed) and an LG HD TV. Laptop is running Windows 8

I have had the laptop connected to the TV via HDMI for a few months now. Not all the time but would connect to watch Netflix, play games etc.

Last night I tried to set up my girlfriends laptop so that it could also connect to the TV via HDMI. I switched the output to duel screen in the control panel and the TV went from "No Signal" to static. I tried to work out why this was happening but couldn't.

I connected my laptop to the TV to check it would still connect as usual but found that the same thing was happening. The laptop was connected but I was only getting static.

Tested the cable on my ps3 and it was working fine as was the HDMI port on the TV. Tried the laptop in a different HDMI port on the TV and had the same problem of just static on the screen.

Unfortunately I don't have another TV to test the laptop on.

Have tried to adjust the frequency, which was set at 59Hz, to 60Hz but it didn't make a difference. Tried rebooting laptop. Connecting first then turning the laptop on.

Very confused by this because it has been working fine for months then suddenly it stopped. Possibly it could be due to a Windows update? The last time I had the laptop connected and working well was about 2 weeks ago. During this time my laptop installed a Windows update. I think this is the only thing that has changed. Is anyone else having similar problems after a windows 8 update in the last few weeks?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jpt2

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014

Yes I have tried with the other cables I have and they produce the same result. I also tested the cable on my ps3 and it worked fine with that.

JDSteed

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014
I have exactly the same problem, I assumed it was my laptop at first until my friend brought his round and the same thing occurred.

Mine does work on other TVs though and the TV that's effected is an LG so I think that must be the cause although I still haven't been able to solve the problem.

My laptop is only windows 7 as well so maybe it was a blanket update for all windows systems that caused the issue?

I realise that this isn't that much help but nothing I have tried has had any effect.

JDSteed

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014
I've just realised that one of the other TVs that I've tried is an LG. I have recently bought a PS4 though and so maybe that might be the cause, as you said that you have a PS3. Although that still works fine.

Could be a number of different things I suppose, the link between playstations and LG TVs seems strange though. Probably just a coincidence i'm sure.

Kowo39

Estimable
Jan 19, 2015
Any thanks to / kovo39@seznam.cz

Go into Device Manager

Display adater

Double click on your graphics card

You should see an option that says ROLL BACK DRIVER

Click that.

(Don't freak out if your resolution gets messed. )

Now just update the driver

Eudism

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
Same issue still no fix. . .

I have an LG TV and two lenovo laptops, tried with two HDMI cabels (that work) and still no go on the LG... screen only shows 'no signal'.

anyone got a clue how can the be fixed? (becide the obvious end of LG for me)

and big up for all PS3 BO/COD2
@Ehudism

Please and thank ya'll

zenoxas

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Try connecting the HDMI cable to diiferent HDMI slot in the LG tv. LG has HDMI(ARC), HDMI(MHL), HDMI(normal). MHL and ARC might have problems. The HDMI slots will be named accordingly in the tv

fazie

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
I think the problem is Intel HD graphics. I got a service call for an hp Pavilion desktop that was hooked to a Panasonic TV via HDMI and it worked fine for a long time. It's running Win 8.1 w/ Intel HD graphics. I brought an extra monitor and my Acer lappy to help troubleshoot the problem. My lappy is Win 8 w/ Intel HD graphics and it is giving me the same "No signal" error as the TV! Both the desktop and the lappy connect fine to the additional monitor via HDMI, but neither will connect to the TV. I'm attempting to download newer video drivers to see if this helps. If I find a solution, I'll post it here.

u_kay

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
make sure the hdmi is plugged in
go to the device manager
under display manager
double click the graphic card
then go to driver and click disable
then click enabled
hopefully it worked because it worked for me

Karli_1

Estimable
Aug 29, 2015

oh thank god sir you helped me finally,
after hours of looking for the solution i finally found the working one!
thanks, got my TV screen working again :) :)

OGKUSHH

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016

you sir are god!!! this has happend to me a few times and just started working again normaly after a few weeks, bit this made it work instantly, for your were trolling an all lol

Cody_31

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

Seriously Thank you that's all it took. I made an account just to day Thanks.

RockyTW

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
No luck w/ disable/enable video driver here. Windows 8/10 HDMI out to A/V receiver/big screen TV worked since 2012.
Last week it stopped, wasted hours rechecking and finally did System Restore to week before Windows 10 last update returned to service. I understand windows 10 forces updates so today HDMI returned to "no service". Went back and tried all the compatible drivers in Device MGR/video adapters/ Choose from list of compatibles... no luck. :?
Did 2nd System Restorejust now again, 1st time no go but read that if press Windows key + P and set to extend [not duplicate] it worked.
I switched back to duplicate and it's all working again, WTF?? Oh well, oh hell. We'll see how long it lasts this time.
Thanks MS 10.....:ange:

meredith7

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

Kevin_194

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016

OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I WAS ABOUT TO THROW SO MANY THINGS YOU ARE AN ANGEL IN DISGUISE ARENT YOU!?! CAUGHT YOU!!! OMGGGGGGGG THANK YOU