Laptop Win8.1 goes low power when battery is removed?!

Daxeroth

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014
Ive been searching to no avail. Why does my pc lower performance when on A/C ONLY MODE (battery removed)? FPS in game go down like when i choose "power saver" power plan AS SOON as i remove the battery, EVEN ON "HIGH POWER" power plan selected!? I dont like to keep battery ON when playing bc gaming heats up pc a lot and i read its heat that decreases battery usable time and recharge cycles, not actually the fact of keeping it plugged in bc yes, i know charger stops current when its full, but HEAT is my problema. Anything i could do? thx!

I guess u guys will need lots of info, please I need ur help, i want gaming but not reduce battery cycles or full capacity, i love my lap and mind keeping it for long.

Lenovo x230
Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5Ghz x64
4Gb + 2Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Intel HD 4000
Hitachi 7200rpm Sata 3 6.0Gb/s 500Gb
12.5" screen, always around 60% bright (this is for energy specific matter in case u need)
Led light in top of screen always on
Game: Skyrim, low effects, high textures
----On A/C ONLY: 26FPS
----On BATTERY WITH OR WITHOUT A/C: 40FPS
In both cases "HIGH PERFORMANCE" power plan is selected with everything to 100% either on BAT or A/C
This occurs in ANY GAME, EVEN LOADING TIMES IS LIKE HALF TIME

Now here comes curious part which I BELIEVE is the answer, battery says in one part "PSE 11.1V 5.30Ah" and another part close says "NOM 11.1V (DC symbol) 5.6Ah 63Wh" and also says "min 5300mAh". No it doesnt say "output" anywhere, a lot of japanese without numbers.

Now, AC adapt says "output: 20V (DC symbol) 3.25 A" (lower amperage than battery i think)

Is this the answer or is this just some Windows setting or issue? Thanks!!! Help the world! Keep batterys away from heat! Teach people about HOT PC with BAT ON and reduction of its life. THX THX

Solution
Hi, this is a problem with many ThinkPad and Lenovo, you have a 65W adapter, you will need a 90W adapter if you want to keep your FPS higher without the battery. Or keep your battery connected.

Zooshooter

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
You're physically removing the battery while using the laptop? Also, it sounds like you are selecting a power saving feature after physically removing the battery, according to how you have your post worded. Removing the battery is not going to help you any, just leave it in.

Daxeroth

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014
Yes, I remove the battery from laptop whlie its ON. Even during gaming. NO, when I remove the battery I dont do anything to power plans or anything, it just lowers to 26FPS INSTANTLY after removing it, I dont want to keep it on because Skyrim requires a lot of power to run at 40fps and pretty much half laptop heats significantly and I dont want any of that heat to reach the bat. Thanks for your answer btw

Daxeroth

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014
Thats what I thought but didnt know specific current matematical issue, thank you very much, I will consider calling Lenovo to see if they can send me a more powerfull one.