deeponmitra

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
1.What is your budget? $550

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1366X768

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? No

5. How much battery life do you need? Upto 5hrs

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Mostly games from the racing genre at Low to Med settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Internet Surfing and Watching movies no greater than 720p

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500 to 750GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2yrs

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Asus, Dell, HP preferred (service centers available nearby).

13. What country do you live in? India.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Awaiting a quick response :)

G

For the 500-600$ range, the only thing I can think of is Gateway laptops... not the greatest quality builds (my brother-in-law has one, and after 4 months the spacebar and WASD were already not responding properly), but if budget is an issue, then it should fit the bill. It can run Diablo 3 at medium settings at decent resolution.

For 150-200 more, I'd really recommend getting either a Lenovo or an Asus; much more reliable, longer battery life (from my limited experience), and much better craftsmanship.

By the way, if you were wondering, Dell might seem like a good priced machine, and their battery life is substantially longer... until it completely dies and you need to replace it or their proprietary charger bars. Avoid if you can!

Have fun buying your new laptop, fun times!

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-Pavilion/B8B23AV

HP-Pavilion-g7z-2200-Notebook-PC

My brother just got one custom with a A8-4500 for just $529 USD. It has a 500GB HD and a 17.3" 1600x900 LCD, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 8X DVD Burner, usb 3, hdmi out and vga out, builtin webcam with mic, and wireless b/g/n. It runs really nice and the battery last almost all day if you are just web surfing. It can play most games at decent setting as well. I like the fact that it supports Opencl which speeds up video encoding and photo editing if you use the right software. It has a nice feel to it and does not feel cheap and flimsy. Well just my 2cents..