Laptop without battery

Mar 18, 2018
Hello, is it safe to use my laptop without its battery in place? Mine broke and I'm currently buying a new one, just was wondering if it's OK for me to stick in the power plug and run it like that. Makes sense?

Thanks for your help!

aquielisunari

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011

Yes. I know a business owner(own and manages 150 properties) who prefers laptops. The daily driver in her office doesn't have a battery. She pretty much uses it like a desktop. I received one of her old laptops and she had to find the battery for that one. She doesn't run into any problems.

Aside from that I just know that a battery free laptop won't cause issues. It doesn't need a battery. It only needs power. The delivery man isn't a concern.

aquielisunari

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011

Yes. I know a business owner(own and manages 150 properties) who prefers laptops. The daily driver in her office doesn't have a battery. She pretty much uses it like a desktop. I received one of her old laptops and she had to find the battery for that one. She doesn't run into any problems.

Aside from that I just know that a battery free laptop won't cause issues. It doesn't need a battery. It only needs power. The delivery man isn't a concern.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aditya2365 Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 10
S Laptop General Discussion 4
C Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 1
Wayss37 Laptop General Discussion 5
Wayss37 Laptop General Discussion 2
llama_glue Laptop General Discussion 2
Chris34345 Laptop General Discussion 1
Liutauras Laptop General Discussion 6
s355 Laptop General Discussion 1