Laptop without battery

Mar 18, 2018
Hello, is it safe to use my laptop without its battery in place? Mine broke and I'm currently buying a new one, just was wondering if it's OK for me to stick in the power plug and run it like that. Makes sense?

Thanks for your help!

Solution

Yes. I know a business owner(own and manages 150 properties) who prefers laptops. The daily driver in her office doesn't have a battery. She pretty much uses it like a desktop. I received one of her old laptops and she had to find the battery for that one. She doesn't run into any problems.

Aside from that I just know that a battery free laptop won't cause issues. It doesn't need a battery. It only needs power. The delivery man isn't a concern.

aquielisunari

Distinguished

Yes. I know a business owner(own and manages 150 properties) who prefers laptops. The daily driver in her office doesn't have a battery. She pretty much uses it like a desktop. I received one of her old laptops and she had to find the battery for that one. She doesn't run into any problems.

Aside from that I just know that a battery free laptop won't cause issues. It doesn't need a battery. It only needs power. The delivery man isn't a concern.

Solution