laptop wont boot after bios is corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alth0triplemadang

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
hi

i have VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH MY ACER 3000 LAPTOP. THE LAPTOP WONT BOOT.
when i press the power button, the button is glowing. but only showing blank screen with no signs of life AND the battery led is blinking yellow colour

before this happen. my laptop was normal. when i try to boot my pc its stuck on POST message and i suddenly unplug my pc and try to boot again and the BIOS is corrupted (i think)

HELP ME PLEASE i want to make my pc NORMAL again.
coz this is my historical pc :)

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
If you suspect your BIOS to be the problem you can download the update from acer site and make a bootable usb to update it.

Before doing that unplug your power and remove battery then hold down Power button for a few seconds and try again to start it w/o the battery

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
Download this tool and install it. then plug your usb stick in
follow this to configure the formating of your usb:
original

Once done, copy the content of the BIOS DOS folder on the root of USB flash drive.
power off your notebook, Boot pressing F12 and choose the USB flash drive as bootable device, once in the DOS enviroment type
update.bat

like i said... dont do this before you try discharging your laptop (remove all power sources for a while)

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
If you formated the usb stick then open it like you usually do and you will see the DOS folder
You will then extract all the files from that archive you screenshoted and restart computer with the USB stick plugged in
the UPDATE.BAT you have to type in MSDOS which will show if you followed the instructions i gave

alth0triplemadang

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
UPDATE:
when i plug the power cord, my pc automatically on with power led glow and battery led blinking
Yellow.

Yes i already boot w/o battery and nothing happens.

No, i did not get any screen/some error messages
it just goes blank.

And how to properly flash the bios?

I already followed your instruction.

It also not detect my pendrive?

alth0triplemadang

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
The readme file says:
flash the bios using winplash.exe under windows OS

My problem is:
the bios is corrupted and i cannot enter windows. Even just to boot my laptop!

The readme file doesn't containing instruction: "how to flash bios w/o windows & winplash.exe"

:D :D :D :p

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014

"Yes i already boot w/o battery and nothing happens." Define nothing pls. its Nothing as in "its not powering up at all" or Nothing as in "no problems w/o battery"

Status
Not open for further replies.