Laptop won't boot any disc except for Windows 7

Aaron22

Estimable
May 4, 2014
I have a very weird problem. Ever since I restored the default settings in the BIOS, or maybe a little before that, I cannot boot any disc. I've tried booting OS X, Ubuntu, Windows 8 (which I am currently trying to dual boot with Windows 7) and a simple boot loader I coded in Assembly, but the only disc I can boot off of is my Windows 7 Recovery Disc (which is a download from thepiratebay.se). I have looked/tried all the options in my BIOS (not that there are many), but nothing seems to work/apply to my situation. The primary boot device is the Internal CD-ROM, next is HDD, then USB and network. I used to be able to boot off this exact same disc a while back, but I cannot seem to anymore.
My specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i3 2310M @ 2.1GHz
RAM: 4GB
HDD: Toshiba MK5059GSXP, 500GB

PS: When trying these Operating Systems in VirtualBox (Windows 8 and Ubuntu), they booted normally and I could install them, so there must be something wrong with my CD-ROM.

If there is anything else you need, just ask!
Thanks in advance
UPDATE:

BIOS: INSYDE PHNXSF13, 6/24/2011
brand/model: LG P530-K.AE3BZ

The specs (CPU/RAM/eetc) are of little use, you better specify brand / model.
May be your CD/DVD drive is going downhill. Have you tried booting off USB? Making another copy of your boot media, on that same computer?

TRENDING THREADS