Laptop won't boot, or rarely boot.

Raid Aiz

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Before the problem; I moved my gaming mouse since my screen was dim. Meanwhile I changed my DPS settings on my mouse, then my screen went gray with a couple of white lines then kept black. I shutted it down by keep pressing the power button but then this happens;

The laptop starts, all usual blue button lights up expect for the WiFi and HDD buttons. I could hear it working though, my laptop screen stays black. I took it to my friend and said it MIGHT, since he wasn't even sure that it could be the motherboard. He also said that sometimes the laptop starts.... But, if the motherboard failed it can't boot up right without turning off? I though it might be RAM. Can anyone recommend any suggestions to find the root of the problem.

Give me all the solutions that might work for I'm ready to even open the laptop and check everything. If possible use plain and simple english and detailed step.

Thanks in advance and my laptop is ACER ASPIRE 5742G with an upgraded HDD to 1TB.

I know this is a very asked questions but I never found a definite answer to my model

Raid Aiz

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

Before I gave it to my friend, i tried plugging it to a external monitor though no picture formed. Today I should retrieve my laptop meanwhile can you enlighten me with more solutions I can try once I get my laptop.

Thanks in advance

Raid Aiz

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

And how to check wheter it is the GPU or the mobo is the main problem? And are this fixable or I have to buy a new GPU/mobo?