laptop won't boot

Aug 26, 2018
it started seemingly randomly last week my computer would only be on if it was plugged in. now it won't turn on even if it's plugged in. the light that comes on when it's charging still comes on.
i tried to do a hard reset where i unplug it and take out the battery and hold down the power button for 30 sec but it didn't help.
i also tried booting without the battery and only plugged in but it won't boot there either but the light that is usually orange when it is charging turned to white when i removed the battery.

Solution
you may have a bad power brick. if you have a volt meter or a friend does check the output. if the bricks cable is twisted up it may have snapped inside and you may need a new brick. if it not the power brick check the power pin on the laptop. is it tight or is it moving. if it moving the joint/plug may have snapped inside the laptop system board. i would also google your laptop for any recalls or class action there been a lot of laptops with recalls and class action lawsuits.

Jwpanz

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
What model laptop do you have?

You could try to buy a new battery and see if that fixes the problem. Other than that you’ve tried everything I would have suggested. If a new battery fails then you may have a faulty laptop in terms of power delivery. You could take it to a repair shop for further testing and repairs or you could get a new laptop.

you may have a bad power brick. if you have a volt meter or a friend does check the output. if the bricks cable is twisted up it may have snapped inside and you may need a new brick. if it not the power brick check the power pin on the laptop. is it tight or is it moving. if it moving the joint/plug may have snapped inside the laptop system board. i would also google your laptop for any recalls or class action there been a lot of laptops with recalls and class action lawsuits.

Solution