Laptop Wont Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bino905

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014
Some background information - My Lenovo laptop recently started to become extremely sluggish on startup taking upwards of 6-7 minutes while originally when it was new would take under a minute. This got proressively worse for about a week and then shutdown would not work without forcing it using the power button. I did a clean factory reset - which improved, but didn't fix the problem.

Suddenly yesterday when I tried to power on the laptop it wouldn't boot at all. It would get to the Lenovo splash screen and simply hang endlessly. I tried to restart it a few times with no success. Let it stand on the screen and after hours there was no change. So far I have tested the memory and the hardrive, which both don't seem to be the culprit. Even when booting without the hardrive, the laptop simply hangs on the Lenovo screen it appears to not even notice that the drive is missing. I read a little about listning to the beeps on startup. It appears to only make 1 beep right when you power it on then goes silent. I can't seem to access the BIOS either have tried pressing pretty much every f key from f1 to f12 with no success.

Any Insight on this problem or similar situations would be extremelly appreciated as I am starting to worry this may be a severe motherboard issue.

Solution
Update - Appears that I have found the culprit of the problem. Started to Disassemble my Laptop one component at a time and upon removal of a Sandisk ReadyCache SSD laptop boot problem vanished. Not only that it, but its booting faster then it ever did. Just wanted to post this incase it may be of some help :)

bino905

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014
Update - Appears that I have found the culprit of the problem. Started to Disassemble my Laptop one component at a time and upon removal of a Sandisk ReadyCache SSD laptop boot problem vanished. Not only that it, but its booting faster then it ever did. Just wanted to post this incase it may be of some help :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.