Solved! Laptop won't power up main board

nilotpalvasava

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
I have a gaming laptop Lenovo y50-70
10 GB ram/1tb HDD/Intel i7 4k mobile and GTX860M.
Today when I was playing csgo my laptop shuts on me making the sound of force shutdown but my display was still on just showing back Screen all the accessories were off like external mouse and cooling pad connected to USB and even lights on inbuilt keyboard and fan were off then, I was confused so I long pressed power button to shut the screen and after an hour, I tried to switch on but it only light up LED on power button and front LED ( charger light and harddisk LED ) and after 5 sec it goes back off not even fans starts, what I think it tries to start but can't supply power to main board so LED just shuts off after 5 sec. I have tried every gimmick way for removing battery / AC power then long press power button and I don't know what can be gone wrong in hardware I had no smell of anything shorting and I don't think motherboard and given up.

Solution
well it was not the heat related issue guys i gave the laptop to a service center and he discovered that my charging connector (inside) which connected to directly the main board (ribbon pin i guess) was smoking so laptop had no voltage he said this might have happened in case of severe voltage fluctuation and whole line over that pin was down ( usb 2.0,hdmi,lan this were directly on the line ) so he will get a new pin and line asap and will check if board gets any voltage. though pin connected to battery is different so i was getting lil life over power button and led but couldn't pass through main board.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
I would take a torch or use the phone led flash as a torch and check air vents of the laptop in fact, when remove a laptop from the box for the first time its good to remember what it looks like through the air vents grill so you know when its stuck with dust. Dust will eventually become thick enough and stop a laptop fan from spinning properly or stop completely, I know I have fixed one myself that had all your issues.

nilotpalvasava

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
well it was not the heat related issue guys i gave the laptop to a service center and he discovered that my charging connector (inside) which connected to directly the main board (ribbon pin i guess) was smoking so laptop had no voltage he said this might have happened in case of severe voltage fluctuation and whole line over that pin was down ( usb 2.0,hdmi,lan this were directly on the line ) so he will get a new pin and line asap and will check if board gets any voltage. though pin connected to battery is different so i was getting lil life over power button and led but couldn't pass through main board.

Solution