Laptop wont start on battery but works fine when adapter connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reckoning155

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Hi

My HP laptop is not booting when i turn the laptop in battery mode. However, if i connect the adapter and turns on its working fine. However, once my laptop is booted even if i remove the adapter its working fine (so obviously my battery is not dead). My laptop needs to be connected adapter only when i am turning the laptop on after that its not needed.

Model: Hp15-r014TX

Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Solution
going on a limb but I think your CMOS battery on the motherboard may be failing.
you can test it by turning off the computer and removing the battery, and unplugging the power. remove all power from the laptop basically. give it a few (5-10) minutes. reassemble and power on the laptop go into the BIOS and check the date. if the date is right and the time is good after leaving the system without power, then the on board battery is good.

R_1

Estimable
Herald
going on a limb but I think your CMOS battery on the motherboard may be failing.
you can test it by turning off the computer and removing the battery, and unplugging the power. remove all power from the laptop basically. give it a few (5-10) minutes. reassemble and power on the laptop go into the BIOS and check the date. if the date is right and the time is good after leaving the system without power, then the on board battery is good.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.