Laptop won't turn on with power adapter only and makes popping sound

ZeHgS

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015
Hi guys!

I have an Acer V3-571-9423 with that is extremely old but very dear to me and it recently stopped working. It won't on with the (what I believe is the original) power adapter alone and it makes a popping noise somewhere to its right, which might be coming out of the speakers but I'm not sure. The funny thing is, when I put in the battery for some reason it does turn on for a very short period of time, perhaps just over a minute. It is enough time for Windows to load normally and I am able to see that the battery, which was faulty already and lasted at the most 5 minutes, doesn't charge and is at 1%.

The computer then turns off. If I remove the battery, hold the power button for a few seconds, then put the battery back in I can go through the same process again. I opened it and cleaned it but, since I know nothing about this, I wasn't able to spot any problems. What could this be?

Also, the charging light does turn on while the laptop is turned off, but only for like 10 seconds. Then, if I disconnect the power adapter and connect it again, the same thing happens.

Thanks a lot!

rscheetah30

Great
Jun 8, 2018
It might also be your charger that's at fault. Check if it's not faulty for some reason, it would explain why the battery isn't charging.

rscheetah30

Great
Jun 8, 2018
It might also be your charger that's at fault. Check if it's not faulty for some reason, it would explain why the battery isn't charging.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
Acer aspire e 15 Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
X Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 2
I Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2