Laptop won't turn on without plugged into wall...

Radwan360

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
My TOSHIBA SATELLITE E45W-C4200X doesn't have the removable battery. I opened the rear cover and got access into the battery. I unscrewed the battery and there is a line connected from battery to motherboard. I want to unplug the line from motherboard but I can't unplug it. My issue with laptop is when ac adapter is plugged in on wall and I plug it in the laptop, my laptop turns on just fine. But when I remove the charger from laptop and press on power button, it doesn't do nothing. Do note that my laptop battery is fully charged. Please help...

Solution
Considering the battery is completely charged, you likely need a new battery. Leaving laptops plugged into power for long amounts of time shortens the battery life dramatically, which may be the issue here. Considering you were saying that the battery isn't exactly removable, try taking it to a local dealer or technician and see if they can source the battery and install it for you.
Will the laptop run on battery alone, once it is turned on?

If the battery is fully charge, but it won't turn on with just the battery, then the battery could be not putting out enough power. This can happen when it is starting to go bad, it will put out less and less power and the device needs a specific amount to run and a specific amount of power to turn on.

Also, you may want to check your power settings. If they are somehow set to make it so that the device won't turn on with battery alone, then this is an easy fix.

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Check through the different options listed and make sure none of them are set to hinder your laptop running or starting on battery alone.
5. If any changes are made...click "Apply".
6. Now click "OK"
7. Finally shut down and power up the computer.

Radwan360

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016

It didn't worked yet. Any other idea to fix it?

_DRBAS_

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Considering the battery is completely charged, you likely need a new battery. Leaving laptops plugged into power for long amounts of time shortens the battery life dramatically, which may be the issue here. Considering you were saying that the battery isn't exactly removable, try taking it to a local dealer or technician and see if they can source the battery and install it for you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS