Laptop won't turn on

dharoknoobx

Estimable
Nov 14, 2014
Ok, so one day, I was on my laptop and I forgot my charger. I used it till it was dead (couldn't turn it back on) and 3 days later, I got my charger and plugged it in. There was no "charging light" on the computer and I couldn't turn it. I tried to power reset or whatever it's called (hold button for 30 seconds) but it didn't work. HOWEVER, one time I took out the cd-rom and power reset it and plugged it back in without the battery and it started to boot for like 2 seconds then shut down. It won't work anymore. Any suggestions? I took it to my local computer repair and they said it was the motherboard or some thing and I asked how much. They said 300$. Like wow. I've had my laptop for 4 years and 300$ to repair an old laptop? Help me please :(

Oh, and my charger is working fine, I checked the voltage of it

Solution
Motherboard replacement for laptops is too high. because, the CPU, GPU and all other ports have to be changed along with it. You can save only the laptop body, RAM sticks and HDD. With the cost you can buy a new laptop.

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
Remove the battery and plug in the charger and turn on laptop.
1) If it boots, the battery is probably dead.
2) If it doesn't the motherboard is the problem (since the charger/adapter is fine as you checked).

Laptop batteries should never be let down to zero or even under 10 or 20%. It stresses the cells so much and the battery dies.

dharoknoobx

Estimable
Nov 14, 2014

How would you fix the motherboard?

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
Motherboard replacement for laptops is too high. because, the CPU, GPU and all other ports have to be changed along with it. You can save only the laptop body, RAM sticks and HDD. With the cost you can buy a new laptop.

Solution