Laptop won't turn on!

Venividibitchy

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
For awhile, my Sony laptop would suddenly time out the screen while using, even just typing a document. It would return to normal if I'd press power, but looked like it was in standby mode.

I was reading fixes for this problem when it went out for good. I unplugged the battery & adapter & waited, depressed the power button for 30secs & retried, to no avail.

Battery light is orange when plugged in. Adapter light is green. No power light comes on ever now.

Ideas?

corroded

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
sounds like the connection between the AC adapter and the Laptop is broken... No Power in...

Else, remove the battery and try powering it u[ w/ ONLY the AC adapter plugged in.

Does that work?

Venividibitchy

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

Well...I saw a post somewhere that said to squeeze/click the laptop near the mouse area. Did so & it has turned on & worked seamlessly for the last few minutes. How odd!

Venividibitchy

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

Ugh. It began doing "that other thing" with the screentiming out, but I could hear it was on. Now it's back to not turning on at all. No orange light now at all. I don't get it. It was working perfectly.