Solved! Laptop won't turn on

Curious Adrian

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
I have a G40-70 laptop was closed suddenly while it was on. After an attempt to turn it back on, it wouldn't.

• -Only orange charging LED light is blinking with the battery and charger was plugged in.
    -No fans spinning
    -When the battery was took out and the charger was plugged in, no lights turned on

Things I have done that did not help.

• -Took the battery and the charger out, held the power button down for 30 seconds, placed the charger back in and tried to turn it on without the battery.
    -Cleaning the motherboard and its parts.
    -Reseated the RAM stick

Solution
Are you outside the warranty period? If so, you can try and gain access to the motherboard's CMOS battery and remove it for 15mins before replacing it. I've seen the same issue on other cases and it often seems to be that the motherboard is faulty/failed.

Lutfij

Splendid
Are you outside the warranty period? If so, you can try and gain access to the motherboard's CMOS battery and remove it for 15mins before replacing it. I've seen the same issue on other cases and it often seems to be that the motherboard is faulty/failed.

Solution

Curious Adrian

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014

Yes it is out of warranty.. will try to do that.. but I think so too that the board is faulty