Question Laptop won't turn on

May 30, 2020
I have a lenovo y520 working perfectly. Opened it up to clean the fans, and closed it with no tinkering. When I tried to switch it back on the laptop won't power up, there is a steady white light on the left side of the keyboard. I have to hard shut down it if I want to stop that light by holding down the power button. The power led on the left side doesn't light up unless I connect a charger, but the laptop it self wont turn on no fans running, just the led on the right side of the keyboard stays on. Please help a bit scared

May 30, 2020
Seems you have a loose cable/connection. You changed something when you disassembled the system for cleaning.

Very carefully open the case and double-check all connections.
Thank you for the quick response. I just completed checking all the cables, they all look good, I can post a high resolution pic if you would like to take a look. Is there something specific I should look for?

May 30, 2020
I tried to press the rest button on the left side of the panel, the laptop battery indicator turns on but display keyboard and the fan don't start. Is it a hardware fault or can it be fixed by simple checking?

Ablion12

Banned
BANNED
May 10, 2020
I tried to press the rest button on the left side of the panel, the laptop battery indicator turns on but display keyboard and the fan don't start. Is it a hardware fault or can it be fixed by simple checking?

Get it checked from a repair expert. That's probably give you the best solution.

May 30, 2020
I had to give it to the repair guy, hopefully there's no need for replacement. Motherboard is ridiculous ly expensive and can't important it from China right now