Question Laptop won't turn on

May 30, 2020
I have a lenovo y520 working perfectly. Opened it up to clean the fans, and closed it with no tinkering. When I tried to switch it back on the laptop won't power up, there is a steady white light on the left side of the keyboard. I have to hard shut down it if I want to stop that light by holding down the power button. The power led on the left side doesn't light up unless I connect a charger, but the laptop it self wont turn on no fans running, just the led on the right side of the keyboard stays on. Please help a bit scared

May 30, 2020
Seems you have a loose cable/connection. You changed something when you disassembled the system for cleaning.

Very carefully open the case and double-check all connections.
Thank you for the quick response. I just completed checking all the cables, they all look good, I can post a high resolution pic if you would like to take a look. Is there something specific I should look for?

May 30, 2020
I tried to press the rest button on the left side of the panel, the laptop battery indicator turns on but display keyboard and the fan don't start. Is it a hardware fault or can it be fixed by simple checking?

Ablion12

Banned
BANNED
May 10, 2020
I tried to press the rest button on the left side of the panel, the laptop battery indicator turns on but display keyboard and the fan don't start. Is it a hardware fault or can it be fixed by simple checking?
Get it checked from a repair expert. That's probably give you the best solution.

May 30, 2020
I had to give it to the repair guy, hopefully there's no need for replacement. Motherboard is ridiculous ly expensive and can't important it from China right now

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 0
csmith20 Laptop Tech Support 0
O Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 9
rogue79 Laptop Tech Support 0
Rakib0332 Laptop Tech Support 2
Jinx forth foeva Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
LegendOfZirkle Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 0
akira2070 Laptop Tech Support 0