Solved! laptop's mic isn't working

Aug 26, 2020
i really need some help with this problem , so yesterday i switched to windows 8.1 because windows 10 is too buggy and literally made me enable to keep up with work as a designer... problem is that my laptop's mic isn't showing, it works perfectly on win10 but with 8.1 it isn't showing at all.
i tried all kind of solutions, but still:
https://ibb.co/3vvYDNy
this is my pc :
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6403?b=1&pn=NH.G7REM.014
any suggestion is really appreciated ..

Solution
I noticed that the support site for your laptop doesn't offer Win8 as an option for downloading drivers. That will make things a bit more difficult. A couple of suggestions:
  • Are you sure it is Win10 that is buggy or is it a compatibility issue with some application you use? If the problems all same to happen around a specific app, I would try to update that.
  • Did you try a clean reinstall of Win10. Note that Win8.1 has already reached the end of mainstream support (meaning no new features) and is in extended support for the next few years (major bug fixes and security fixes only). A clean install of Win10 is a pain as you have to reinstall all your apps and your files but I've found it fixes a multitude of issues (and gets rid...
I noticed that the support site for your laptop doesn't offer Win8 as an option for downloading drivers. That will make things a bit more difficult. A couple of suggestions:
  • Are you sure it is Win10 that is buggy or is it a compatibility issue with some application you use? If the problems all same to happen around a specific app, I would try to update that.
  • Did you try a clean reinstall of Win10. Note that Win8.1 has already reached the end of mainstream support (meaning no new features) and is in extended support for the next few years (major bug fixes and security fixes only). A clean install of Win10 is a pain as you have to reinstall all your apps and your files but I've found it fixes a multitude of issues (and gets rid of all the crapware).
  • I've run only the built-in MS windows anti-virus for years because the other anti-viruses caused too many problems. There are differing opinions, but I've been fine with the MS product. Antivirus is part of the "crapware, in my opinion, that comes with a new laptop.

Solution